Many companies around the world are using Push-to-talk apps to improve their workforce communication. Push-to-talk apps are a technology that allows immediate communication without the need to hold a phone up to your ear.
Employees believe that ineffective collaboration and communication are the leading causes of workplace failures, since customer demands and competition are so dynamic today. The importance of operational efficiency for the future has become clear as a result. 86% of employees agree that lack of effective collaboration and communication is the main reason for workplace failures. Every organization relies on the field workforce. They represent your brand, communicate the real-world problems that can give your company an advantage, and face your customers. Many companies around the world are using Push-to-talk apps to improve their workforce communication. Push-to-talk apps are a technology that allows immediate communication without the need to hold a phone up to your ear. What is a push-to-talk app, and how can it improve your company’s operational efficiency? Let’s find out./
What are Push-to-Talk Apps?
Push-to-Talk (PTT) apps allow you to transform your mobile phone into a two-way radio. Push-to-Talk radios, walkie-talkie radios, and land mobile radios communicate over radio frequencies. Because of their limitations in terms of network coverage, audio quality, and security, two-way radios are not as popular. Your company can save money and be more efficient by using PTT apps rather than purchasing dedicated handsets and licenses. You may allow your field employees to use their smartphones as walkie-talkies. A PTT app can be integrated into a smartphone to take advantage of cellular connectivity, thus eliminating all of the disadvantages of radio communication. You can receive superior sound quality using the global network. The cellular network also provides 128-bit to 256-bit encryption, making it a secure choice.
How Do Push-to-talk Apps Streamline Operational Efficiency?
Push-to-talk technology can contribute to improved operational efficiency by helping you adopt field communications.
- Transmission with a Press- Button: Push-to-talk apps can help your business achieve this goal very literally. Push-to-talk apps allow your field employees to connect directly from their smartphones via a simple and fast push-to-talk connection. Consider the time-saving benefits of this kind of communication in contrast to traditional telephone calls, emails, or text messages. The difficulty of dialing and typing is a significant barrier to efficient communication in time-critical environments, particularly when you are working. Push-to-talk solutions are accessible instantly. In this setting, the job can be accomplished faster because the workers can make decisions, acquire data, and do their job. To compare the efficiency of push-to-talk solutions to Frejun’s click-to-call and autodial feature is simple. They both provide one-click connection to another person, which saves the caller’s time.
- Stay Connected as a Group: Every business comprises a variety of teams that handle different tasks. Every company employs people to handle a range of tasks. In order for the company to operate properly, teams must be interconnected seamlessly. Push-to-talk services allow your field workers to not only converse with anyone from your firm one-on-one but also conduct group conversations. Team discussions result in better decisions, ensuring that everyone is on the same page. This saves a lot of time, as workers have a clear goal. It also saves time as employees are not individually called.
- Zero Disruption: The greatest difficulty in streamlining operations for your field workforce is ensuring that there is no siloed information. Walkie-talkies, for example, produce a lot of radio static, which makes transmissions difficult to hear. Your field workforce, which usually engages in customer-facing activities and high-risk environments, must have crystal-clear communication. Modern-day solutions use cellular networks that are clean and offer global coverage to ensure that there are no barriers to seamless communication.
- Less complicated – Safe Communication: Employees who work at remote sites, such as mines, construction sites, manufacturing plants, and so on, wear heavy protective clothing all day and drive heavy machinery. Similarly, fleet drivers must constantly keep their eyes on the road. It’s usually nearly impossible for these employees to pick up a phone call, check their emails, or reply to text messages. Fortunately, push-to-talk apps extend the barging call function, which enables employees to hear messages as and when they are received. You don’t have to manually answer a call to hear the message. By doing so, your employees will remain safe and will be able to stay on task.
- User Friendly usage: Modern-day Push-to-talk apps are simple and user-friendly. You do not need to spend a lot of time instructing your workforce on how to use the interface. Employees should not be forced to jump through hoops to communicate updates or get immediate assistance when disaster strikes. The simple push-button mechanism is straightforward and enables field workers to report alterations or emergencies. Talker is a contemporary Push-to-talk app that allows organizations to integrate their corporate directory with the Push-to-talk app, so that no employee has to look for contacts in a time-critical scenario.
- Connect Globally: There are no boundaries when it comes to Push-to-talk over cellular as compared to walkie-talkie radios, which have limited coverage over a specific area and require a clear line of sight to communicate. Cellular PTT apps can be used from anywhere in the world, and therefore, you do not need to worry about distance, licensing, or interference. This plays an important role when it comes to on-field efficiency as workers and site managers can easily communicate with their superiors and office staff to discuss critical matters and make informed decisions.
- Enhanced Visibility of Deskless Workforce: Having a mobile workforce is an obstacle for businesses that wish to keep track of their workers. Supervisors can find it difficult to guide their workers effectively when it comes to seamless field communication, keeping employees informed, and tracing their whereabouts. Push-to-talk solutions offer visibility to field employees by allowing supervisors and office workers to communicate. You can utilize location and GPS tracking capabilities to gain information about your team’s performance, the amount of time they spend at various spots, and more.
Every organization is moving away from traditional offices to explore new frontiers, and having a platform that connects field workers and office staff seamlessly is critical. Push-to-talk apps such as Talker are vitally important for your business. Talker, a PTT app that provides fast and secure communications for your enterprise.
Push to talk for Deskless Employees: The Key to Solving Communication Problems